Sunday, May 27, 2007
To Be Alone
The porch with a foggy night-time air. 11:51pm. My cricket friend sending out his loudest mating call, the same as last night but from a slightly different location. How can his hairy little cricket legs be so loud. It is nearly deafening but I like it. Scooters, walkers, babies wide awake in their strollers with mom swearing into a cell-phone. The night. A cigarette, a thought I don't want to think, a thought I can't stop thinking. A book about sex, a story about love, a poem I write in my head. Do you ever. Could you. I did once. I could again. The questions don't stop and the answers like being coy. To be alone with myself and a one cricket chirping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To think and consider and wonder what the answers are... this is what keeps us going and this is what makes us love more. We must weigh our love in our hands and feel the weight of it pulling on our tendencies.
a one cricket. its a nice
i used to hear a one cricket chirping in my basement at night on vine street. that one little bastard could keep me awaker than any train or cellphone-cursing, stroller-pushing mom..
Post a Comment