Sunday, June 3, 2007

Everything in it's Right Place.

All the living things are singing. I wish I could be a child again and dance in this rain that falls like pure goodness on us all. My one cricket is not chirping tonight and I like to imagine that he is damp and happy somewhere, drinking up the water that has come from nowhere, his little cricket belly fat and full. I am grateful for my cricket friend, for breath, for memory, for the past and the future. I am grateful that life is worth it, everything is alive now for this moment, everything around me will someday die, but right now, it is everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's good when the thing you've hoped for finally happens and you have the moment free to enjoy it. the waiting didn't ruin the final arrival.
-MGM-

Andy Miller said...

it feels hopeful, I like it