Friday, May 25, 2007

The Restorative Powers of Mountain Dew

I am going to kill whoever told me it was a really great idea to get mostly drunk on a Thursday night for no good reason. Working at a church means Friday morning is pretty busy, what with all of the bulletins and powerpoint slides and newsletters and things that no one cares about. So hungover is not a pretty thing to be right now. It's just good that the pastor never comes in on Friday, so I can walk in with a 32oz. Mountain Dew, a chocolate cake donut, and three Excedrin without having to worry that I still smell like wine/vodka/cigarettes. Being hungover also makes you a really horrible mom. Well maybe it doesn't make YOU one, but that's how it works for me. Driving to school this morning, E. was like, Mommy, mommy, mommy. B was saying ah-my instead of airplane! Hahahah Mommy! Ah-my! She was saying AH-MY! I said I just really...don't care.

OMG. I need an Arby's roast beef sandwich, pronto.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Did a certain gentleman who's name begins with a C stop by your house last night? His excuse for leaving my front porch was "tired"...if he stayed and got drunk with you..! But, I needed to get my resume done anyway. Guess who has a job now??!!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, this person who's name begins with a C stopped by when people were already drunk.

My favorite part about this entry is remembering when Matt was like "Deb, please don't drink any more" and you were like "FRIDAYS ARE SO EASY, I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!"

Andy Miller said...

Ah-my! Ah-my! How could you not care!??

ASHER said...

omg, i'm dying here. between cole and deb i think you're the best people on earth!